Why join the 'Friends Association'?
It's good for your children
- You are your children's most important role model. Showing your children you value their education will teach them to value it as well
- Research has shown that children whose parents are involved in their school get better results and have fewer disciplinary problems
It's good for you
- At 'Friends' meetings you can have your say. You can raise concerns, suggest ideas and input into how funds are spent
- You will meet like minded people and make new friends, it's not all hard work; there is a social side too
- Whether you want to organise an event or simply help out on the day, you can utilise your existing skills & hobbies and most likely acquire some new ones too.
- And most importantly you will be in the know! You will find out what's going on in the college and get to know members of staff and governors better.
It's good for the college
- Schools are becoming more and more dependent on Friends Associations or PTAs for fund raising to supplement the school budget
- You will play an important role in helping the college to acquire key resources as well as reward the children with some well earned treats